i thought this was a great idea! i saw this on the Nate Burkus show. it is super easy! now, im off to find a cool picture frame!
Let’s face it, we all need reminders from time to time, which is why chalkboards are so useful in common areas of the home. They’re the perfect place to jot down chores, grocery lists, appointments and phone messages for everyone to see. And they make great billboards for sharing notes with your family. Here’s how to create a custom chalkboard that fits your décor.
1. Choose a picture frame of a size and style that complements your interior design. Remove the glass pane from the frame.
2. Firmly apply strips of 2-inch masking tape to the back (inside) of the glass pane to strengthen the outer surface.
3. Spray the front (outside) of the glass pane with a coat of chalkboard spray paint. Let dry, then repeat until uniformly coated.
4. Once dry, place the painted glass back in the frame and attach the frame backing.
5. Hang the frame securely to the wall. Now grab a piece of chalk and write a message to yourself: job well done!
Note: You can also repurpose a rustic cabinet door or small desk drawer as a chalkboard. Just apply chalkboard paint to the exterior (cabinet door) or interior (desk drawer) surface and securely fasten to the wall for a highly functional, one-of-a-kind decorative hanging.
BTW: i got the DIY self info off of The Nate Burkus Show. check it out! great ideas!
Some Fun Picks for Summer
1 year ago