here are a few facts we learned while visiting
(btw...these are all my observation's)
1. dill grows wild on the island,therefore every restaurant has
dill ranch! (i'm gonna make me some!)
2. Marilyn Monroe lived there for 1 year.
3. Mr. Wrigley (as in the gum) owned the island and helped make
it in to the touristy island it now is.
4. there are only 3,600 people who live on the island
(i would DIE if i had to live there! it's amazing..but, it would get old fast!)
5. they only have 1 chain ANYTHING on the island... and it's a Von's the size of my closet!!
6. it is a really fun lovers get away.
7. there are only a few cars on the island. everyone drives golf carts.
i asked a local how you can get a car. she said she has lived on the island
for 30 years and she won't get her car for another 26 years!!!