i'm going back one week.
i had such a great mother's day weekend!!
i just had to share!
first, we had my nieces (bee's daughter) surprise 16th b-day party.
i was the driver for the picture scavenger hunt.
i love teenager!
second, i got up at the butt crack and headed on out for
some antiquing with my girlfriend.
third, i got a pedicure
fourth i layed in bed all of sunday..(after church)
my husband made me breakfast in bed and a wonderful dinner.
i'm so excited for next year!
|SURPRISE........she is just so cute girl!|
|here are a few more of bee's girls...|
|such a cute group of kids.|
|this would look amazing re-painted...why do i lack the desire!?|
|he wanted $12...i wanted it for $7...he wouldn't budge..his loss!!|
now, it's time for some restaurant recipes! this is one of my favorites!! my family loves it!! it's such a great salad for the hot summer nights. enjoy!
applebee's chinese chicken salad
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 skinless chicken beast
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup napa cabbage
- 1/2 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat.
- You want the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.
- Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with an electric mixer.
- Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips.
- Dip each strip of chicken first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each piece completely. Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has darkened to brown.
- Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
- Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks.
- Place the chicken onto the salad forming a pile in the middle.
- Serve with salad dressing drizzled over it or on the side.