Monday, June 20, 2011

5K, and SUMMER SALAD WEEK!!

we had a wonderful father's day weekend.
we swam all day friday and had pizza.
we got up early saturday morning so i could run in a 5K for the
Ronald McDonald House.
we went out to breakfast at 
 our favorite breakfast restaurant, valhalla's.
we went out on a double date with bee and her husband.
sunday the kids made breakfast for dad in bed.
he opened his presents...and he loved the stepping stones we made him.
we went to church and had a wonderful dinner and dessert with the family.
we love weekends!
now, it's time to take on another week!!!

getting ready for our race! (this is bee's daughter)
after the race! (i'm seriously slammed!)

they were so supportive!
it was so fun, i'm already looking for another race!!




moddy's lentil salad

1 c. dried lentils, rinsed
2c. water
2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium cucumber, cubed
1 medium zucchini, cubed
1 small red onion, chopped
1/2 c chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
1/2 c. rice vinegar
1/4 c. minced fresh mint
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp.dried oregano
4 c. fresh baby spinach, chopped
1 c. feta cheese
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
your favorite marinade chicken, chopped

enjoy!







 





moddy

7 comments:

  1. Really wonderful and healthy salad - definitely going on my menu plans! Thanks so much for linking this up at my Theme of the Month Round Up. It's still open if you have others to add. Congrats on the race! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some lentils. That salad looks absolutely DEEELISH. I'll have to give it a try when I get settled and back to cooking. We are moving back to Visalia, we haven't found a place yet. I thought we did last week but it fell through (sadly)...so we are looking for a place to rent and there is nothing on the market. Rod is already working there, so once we find a place we're golden. We'll have to get together and swap recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on your race!! I hear you on being beat down after the race but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The salad looks so tasty!! Wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I just had to come back and comment that I just saw your "I Believe" button...ME TOO!!! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love healthy salads and throw some lentils in this and I'm in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...