Thursday, June 2, 2011

my $20 frame...

i found this frame on my mother's day outing.
it's HUGE!
i love it, and i only payed $20 bucks!!
this is my plan....
it came with a ugly picture on canvas.
i'm ditching the canvas and adding glass, paper from http://www.papermojo.com/  and
a matte.
here's the beauty..
should i paint it...i'm thinking gold?
do you like this..
or this...

this is feminine..
i might get this for my bathroom.
i am always drawn to birds...
or this...
or this?


this is the room.
i'm going to cover the big flower pillows with navy lattice. (i need a change for summer)
i need some accessories for the coffee table (this is a hard...kids..)
i'm going to paint my owl lamp white...he is brown.
i'm going to cover the brown pillows..(orange and navy..something).
i already changed that lamp shade (it was a little to formal)
 get a new computer desk..or paint it.

i need input...HELP!!

 









moddy

6 comments:

  1. I like the first print.. and I would paint the frame turquoise then rub it lightly with sandpaper. and do a rub-off stain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 1st, 4th and 5th! And I kind of like the picture frame as is against the bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 4th best--that simple bird with the less busy green around is is stunning! I might do the frame dark with gold highlights, or leave as is, depending on the wall you're hanging it on .. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drawn to the first one bc it would bring out the colors you're mentioning adding to your pillows. Since your walls are an earth tone, I'd go for a gold, orange, or turquoise frame. And I think a navy matte would be rockin'!

    Fun new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...my posts never show up. Could it be I hadn't official followed this blog? My two cents worth idea: Silver leaf the frame! I am going to do a chair next week and then reupholster it with a fabulous black/white/gray graphic print. If you want a shiny/mirror type finish, the experts say to use the aluminum leaf instead of the silver leaf. Can you tell I have been blog stalking and watching entirely too much of Nate Berkus these days?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog, and it's so cool that you are sisters blogging together!

    I like the yellow geometric print. I am following now. If you'd like, check out my blog too!

    www.ciaonewportbeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...