Friday, June 24, 2011

jammin it up freezer style!!!

i made my jam this year alll..by..myself!!!
i don't know why...but, every year i get
 a little nervous when i think of making my jam.
i'm not sure why...
1. i always make it with bee
2. she basically ends up doing all the work.
3. i do all the talking (that's what little sisters do, right?)

unfortunately this year we just couldn't find any time to get together!
so, it was up to ME!
it was wonderful!
 i felt so...homemakery.

my best friend grows and sells boysenberry's every year!!

tasty, delish, HOMEMADE jam!!!

this is our last day of salad week!


boysenberry salad!!

dressing:
1/4 c. olive oil
1 tsp. horseradish
2 tbls. rice vinegar
2 tbls. brown sugar
2 tbls. boysenberry jam

salad:
1 bag romaine hearts (i like to mix in spinach)
1 c. fresh boysenberries
1/3 c. feta cheese
1/4 c. toasted pecans or slivered almonds

blend olive oil, horseradish, rice vinegar, brown sugar,
and boysenberry jam in blender.

pour over salad mix.
if you want add chopped chicken!
serve immediately!
enjoy!


Have a great weekend!!! 










 



 









moddy
 

6 comments:

  1. I got my Jam made last night. I was so excited that I finally found some boysenberries at the Farmers Market. That salad looks yummy. I made one like that for Father's Day dinner. Next time I want to try your dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Homemade jam sounds soo soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on such a salad kick lately! I just am in love with the whole not having to cook it thing! (c; And that jam looks soooooo gooooood...I'm the older sister in my fam and my little sister is the "homemakery" one (c: She does awesome stuff and i pretty much just watch...it's awesome. Have a great weekend!!!

    P.S. I loved your comment about the mug and hot chocolate, that is *TOTALLY* the first thing they demanded...and it was literally 111 degrees outside, crazy kids! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade jam sounds great and yummy! Homemade food are such healthy alternatives to store bought food with no preservatives and coloring. You go, girl!

    Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO bummed I missed getting boysenberries!!It looks delish! I have never made jam - other than freezer jam which i did for the first time this year - because I always just relyed on mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...